This course will give learners an insight into the procedures that should be followed when taking charge of a person's medication outside of a health setting.
It discusses requesting prescriptions, maintaining records, storing, administering and disposing of medication, self-medication and issues that might arise in the administration of medication.
This course is split into two modules:
- Medication Awareness
- Safe Handling of Medicines
Upon successful completion of this course you will be automatically awarded a certificate containing the course name, completion date, CPD hours and learning objectives.
In this course you will learn about:
- The principles of safe and appropriate handling of medicines set out by the Royal Pharmaceutical Society of Great Britain
- The importance of record-keeping
- Prescription requests
- Medication for people who lack capacity
- Medication storage
- The disposal of medicines
- Administering medication, including supporting self-administration
- The use of monitored dosage systems
- Privacy and confidentiality
- Reporting errors
- Transfers to other settings
For more information, or to purchase this, course click here
Customer feedback - what we are hearing about this course:
"Very interesting and will prove valuable in my job."
"Very engaging and provided a good overview. Use of example situations was helpful in order to apply the learning."
"Excellent and informative."
"I think it was very informative, simple to access and engaging."