The course is split into three modules:
- Causes and Consequences
- The Strategy
- Your Role
Upon successful completion of this course you will be automatically awarded a certificate containing the course name, completion date, CPD hours and learning objectives.
In this course you will learn about:
- How prevalent the problem is
- Indicators of poor outcomes
- The impact of teenage parenting on the mother and child
- Who is most at risk of becoming a teenage parent
- The importance of not stereotyping teenage parents
- What the Teenage Pregnancy Strategy 1999 is
- What other policies are relevant to teenage pregnancy since it was introduced
- Ensuring early access to appropriate multi-agency support
- Ensuring access to Sex and Relationships Education (SRE)
- Why pregnant teenagers need additional help
- What happens when they get poor service from professionals
- What teenagers want from you
- What skills you need to use
- What messages you need to convey to teenagers about sex and teenage pregnancy
- What level of confidentiality you can give teenagers
For more information, or to purchase this course click here.
Customer feedback - what we are hearing about this course:
"I found this course really informative."
"It gives the right amount of information without being too much to take in."
"Well structured, informative and engaging."
"Very well explained with case studies."