The course provides a detailed awareness of hidden harm (toxic trio) and how it affects parents and children.
This course will give learners excellent knowledge of the issues that affect children living with hidden harm.
It will help the learner understand the cycle of events each hidden harm stressor produces, and highlights how to spot signs of harm and appropriate times to break this cycle of events to safeguard the child.
This course is split into eight modules:
- What is hidden harm
- Impact on parenting
- Impact on babies
- Impact on children
- Understanding the family
- Working with the parents
- Assessing risk to the child
- Helping the child
Upon successful completion of this course you will be automatically awarded a certificate containing the course name, completion date, CPD hours and learning objectives.
In this course you will learn about:
- Hidden Harm
- The hidden harm stressors
- How the stressors are related
- The impact of domestic abuse on parenting and pregnancy
- Maternal domestic abuse
- The impact of mental ill-health
- Substance misuse
- The impact on infants and children
- Child exposure to hidden harm in homes
- Crisis theory and its impact on children
- Container-contained relationship theory and secure attachment and reflective functioning theories
- Eliciting key information safely
- Approaches to information gathering
- Structuring assessments and more
For more information, or to purchase this course click here.
Customer feedback - what we are hearing about this course:
"An excellent and very helpful course!"
"I enjoyed the course and found it clear and informative."
"Very good, and full of useful information."
"This course is vital for everyone involved with children."