Do you work in an industry that uses or creates substances that can be hazardous to your health?
The Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) Regulations is a UK statutory instrument that requires employers, by law, to protect their employees from exposure to dangerous substances.
Our brand new course, Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) covers good practice and is essential reading for anyone involved with such substances in the workplace.
Taking approximately 30 minutes to complete and presented in four bite sized modules, it offers a straight-forward introduction into regulations, what substances hazardous to health are, the responsibilities of the employee and the employer and what good practice means in the workplace.
With interactive screens and thought provoking questions not only is it easy to undertake, it’s also compliant with COSHH regulation. You’ll receive an achievement certificate, for reference, on completion.
The course covers:
- What the COSHH Regulations are and why COSHH law is needed
- How it is implemented, and the importance of risk assessments
- What a substance hazardous to health is and some consequences of exposure
- The COSHH symbols
- How to identify risks in the workplace, and gather and relay information
- How to develop and implement control measures
- How to maintain, monitor, and review exposure
- What emergency plans should entail
- Who to go to with questions
Suitable for those working with hazardous solutions in a number of disciplines including hospitals, care homes, leisure centres, fire stations, building sites, bakeries, garden centres, petrol stations, factories, labs and some offices.
Interested? Find out more here.
Customer feedback - what we are hearing about this course:
"Gave me a good understanding of hazardous substances."
"I now have a few tips on how to control employee exposure to harmful chemicals."
"The interaction keeps you learning and it’s not too long."